Here’s an exclusive look at the pitch deck AI startup Justpoint used to win the backing of Clover Health CEO Vivek Garipalli
This story is available exclusively to Business Insider subscribers. Become an Insider and start reading now.
- AI startup Justpoint has announced a $1 million seed funding round – backed by Clover Health founder and CEO Vivek Garipalli.
- Medical errors are currently the third leading cause of death in the US – and often result in financial ruin for survivors that try to sue.
- But Justpoint uses AI to simplify medical malpractice claims, letting customers know how likely they are to be successful, and what kind of settlement they could be entitled to.
- Business Insider got an exclusive look at the pitch deck Justpoint used to bring investors on board.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Justpoint, the AI startup working to make it easier to understand medical malpractice, just raised $1 million in a seed funding round backed by Vivek Garipalli, founder and CEO of Clover Health.
The firm’s AI platform offers consumers a faster and better understanding of the legal merits of any medical malpractice claim they are making, as well as a clear estimate of the kind of settlement they might be entitled to.
In 2016, medical errors were estimated to be the third leading cause of death in the US, and often result in financial ruin for survivors that try to sue. A recent study found the average cost of a medical malpractice claim in the U.S. has risen by 50% since 2009.
“Our goal is to ensure that the medical malpractice system fulfills its promise with the help of artificial intelligence,” said Victor Bornstein, CEO and cofounder.
“We believe that better distinguishing lawsuits with merits and those without, as well as the future application of our technology in the clinical setting, will contribute to an improvement of health care provided to patients while providing a safety net for families that have suffered the consequences of medical mistakes.”
Check out the pitch deck Justpoint used to win investment from Garipalli and others below: