Check out the pitch deck used by Orbital Witness to raise millions from Seedcamp and LocalGlobe to speed up due diligence on property deals
This story is available exclusively to Business Insider subscribers. Become an Insider and start reading now.
- Orbital witness, a legal tech startup based in London, just raised $4 million in a funding round backed by Seedcamp and LocalGlobe.
- The firm uses machine learning to speed up and simplify the bloated due diligence process on property and land sales.
- Some of Orbital Witness’ best known clients include supermarket giant M&S, Transport for London, and a host of major law firms.
- We got an exclusive look at the pitch deck Global Witness used to bring Seedcamp, LocalGlobe and others on board.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Legal tech startup Orbital Witness has raised $4 million in a funding round backed by Seedcamp and LocalGlobe.
Using machine learning, Orbital Witness accelerates the legal due diligence process with an AI-driven platform used to organize property information from HM Land Registry and local authorities, facilitate quick document review, and flag risks automatically to lawyers and underwriters.
Orbital Witness’ platform is allowing it to disrupt the due diligence process in real estate by developing a new “universal risk rating” for property and land. In the UK alone, due diligence costs around $5 billion annually.
The firm’s platform is used by supermarket giant M&S, Transport for London, and a number of major law firms to reduce time and cost inefficiencies.
Devin Kohli, co-head at Outward VC, commented: “The Orbital Witness team brings fresh thinking and new ambition to the property risk sector that impressed us from the start.
“Especially now, as many distressed companies face refinancing and restructuring issues, Orbital Witness has proven how it can flag important legal property risks quickly across complex real estate portfolios and assets.”
Check out the firm’s pitch deck below: